The kingdom of God - 4B - Tradition and the leaven of the Pharisees
SERMON TOPIC: The kingdom of God - 4B - Tradition and the leaven of the Pharisees
Speaker: Gavin Paynter
Date: 17 February 2008
Topic Groups: TRADITION, PROPHECY, KINGDOM OF GOD
Sermon synopsis: The fourth parable of 'The Leaven' covers the period from approximately 600 - 1500 AD or the 'Papal Church' where widespread corruption spreads throughout the kingdom.
In this study we'll cover:
1) The leaven of the Pharisees
- Restriction of Scriptures
- The rosary
- Transubstantiation & the mass
- 'Baptism' by sprinkling
- Confession and Indulgences
- Salvation only in the Roman Church
- Other superstitious inventions
We also look at the growing importance of tradition in the church, the rise of Islam, the Crusades & the early reformers.