Your browser does not support JavaScript!

Sermon No: 39066-God's Glory



Ken-Paynter/Gods-Glory.jpg

SERMON TOPIC: God's Glory

Speaker: Ken Paynter

Language: ENGLISH

Date: 3 June 2018

Topic Groups: GOD, GLORY

Sermon synopsis: Jesus came for God’s Glory.

Who was John the Baptist?
John 1:25-26 Finally they said, “Who are you? Give us an answer to take back to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?” John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, “I am the voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Make straight the way for the Lord.

What was the purpose of John the Baptist’s ministry?
Isaiah 40:3–5 A voice of one calling: “In the wilderness prepare the way for the Lord; make straight in the desert a highway for our God.Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low;the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain.And the glory of the Lord will be revealed, and all people will see it together.”
black arrow All sermons by Ken Paynter
black arrow All sermons on GOD
black arrow All sermons on GLORY
black arrow  All sermons in ENGLISH

God’s Glory.

Jesus came for God’s Glory.

Who was John the Baptist?

John 1:25-26.

Finally they said, “Who are you? Give us an answer to take back to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?” John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, “I am the voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Make straight the way for the Lord.

What was the purpose of John the Baptist’s ministry?

Isaiah 40:3–5. A voice of one calling: “In the wilderness prepare the way for the Lord; make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain. And the glory of the Lord will be revealed, and all people will see it together.”

Healing and miracles are for God’s Glory.

John 9:1-3.

As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth.

His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”

“Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.

Healing and miracles are for God’s Glory.

John 11: 1-4.

Now a certain man was ill, Lazarus of Bethany, the village of Mary and her sister Martha. It was Mary who anointed the Lord with ointment and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was ill. So the sisters sent to him, saying, “Lord, he whom you love is ill.” But when Jesus heard it he said, “This illness does not lead to death. It is for the glory of God, so that the Son of God may be glorified through it.

Healing and miracles are for God’s Glory.

John 11:40-44

Jesus said to her, "Did I not say to you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?" So they removed the stone Then Jesus raised His eyes, and said, "Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. "I knew that You always hear Me; but because of the people standing around I said it, so that they may believe that You sent Me." read more. When He had said these things, He cried out with a loud voice, "Lazarus, come forth." The man who had died came forth, bound hand and foot with wrappings, and his face was wrapped around with a cloth. Jesus said to them, "Unbind him, and let him go.

Maybe that is why there are so few genuine miracles in the modern day Church, God can not trust us with His Glory.

The purpose of creation is to reveal God’s Glory.

The purpose of creation is to reveal God’s Glory.

If mankind was the most important thing in God’s mind why did He only save 8 people in the flood and get Noah to fill the rest of the ark with animals?

Because one of the purposes of creation is to display God’s glory, even through the animal kingdom. How Satan must laugh when man looks at creation and sees something that supposedly happened by chance over millions of years instead of seeing the handiwork of God.

When God answered Job’s complaints what did He do?

He spoke to Job about His creation.

The purpose of creation is to reveal God’s Glory.

Job 38:4-11.

4Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand. 5Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it? 6 On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone— 7 while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?

8 “Who shut up the sea behind doors when it burst forth from the womb, 9 when I made the clouds its garment and wrapped it in thick darkness, 10 when I fixed limits for it and set its doors and bars in place, 11 when I said, ‘This far you may come and no farther; here is where your proud waves halt’?

The purpose of creation is to reveal God’s Glory.

Psalm 19:1. The heavens declare the glory of God. How do the heavens declare God’s Glory?

For one thing, they do so simply by their vastness. It’s estimated that our Milky Way galaxy contains 200 billion stars. That’s just one galaxy! There are hundreds of billions of galaxies in the universe, most of them with hundreds of billions of stars.

Averaging out the types of stars within our galaxy, this would produce an answer of about 100 billion stars in the galaxy. This is subject to change, however, depending on how many stars are bigger and smaller than our own sun. Also, other estimates say the Milky Way could have 200 billion stars or more. May 17, 2017 - https://www.space.com Not only do the heavens show God’s Glory by their vastness, but he has named each star. Psalm 147:4. He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name.

The purpose of creation is to reveal God’s Glory.

Creativity is in the definition of God’s glory He didn’t simply design one leaf for all trees. He made thousands of different types of leaves.

God didn’t make just one beetle; he produced over 350,000 different types of beetles.

When God created people, he didn’t give them one set of fingerprints or one personality. Each of the nearly 7 billion people living today is unique.

Why? God wanted to express his glory by revealing his creativity.

Romans1:20.

For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. Isaiah 6:3. The whole earth is full of His Glory.

The purpose of creation is to reveal God’s Glory.

Christ’s death allows creation to be restored to its original state. When Adam and Eve sinned, there were consequences. Not only were people affected, but all of creation was cursed as well.

Romans 8:20–21.

For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

Colossians 1:19–20. (Note that it says it says things not people)

For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

We can only speculate as to what creation was like before the fall, but sin has affected everything around us, Jesus died to reconcile all things to God.

Survey of mixed ages in small Church group.

Asked to prioritize the most important reason first, these were the results.

What is the purpose of the church? To tell others about God: 6 To worship God: 10 To have a relationship with God: 5 To glorify God: 14 To train the body of Christ: 0 To encourage each other: 0 To be a distinction from the rest of the world: 0 Why did Christ come to the earth? To die on the cross for our sins: 24 To fulfil prophecy: 3 To do the Father’s will: 3 To glorify God: 5 For angels to have insight: 0

The cross was for God’s Glory.

Just as there are two sides to every story, so there are two sides to the cross. (Cat & Dog theology Bob Sjogren and Kevin Kimbrough)

One side looks at the cross from a doglike perspective, and the other side views it from a catlike perspective.

The cat’s perspective, which is more familiar to most Christians, says, “Jesus died for my sins and for the sins of all the people of the world.” The dog’s perspective agrees with that statement, but makes a statement of its own: “Jesus died to reveal his Father’s glory.”

Both statements are correct.

The question for the church however, is this:

Does each statement bear equal weight, or does one have a higher priority than the other?

In other words, did Christ die primarily for us, or did he die primarily to glorify his Father?

This is the greatest question facing the church today.

The cross was for God’s Glory.

The person who is a self centred entitled Christian thinks that the cross was all about man and does not realize that the benefits of the cross to man were secondary, the cross and the death of Jesus Christ for sin were primarily for the Glory of God.

Cats think Christ died primarily for us.

Dogs believe Christ died primarily for his Father’s glory.

These are the two different ways of looking at the cross.

Until we get a clear understanding of how they relate to each other and which one is primary, churches and ministries will be sending mixed messages.

As a result, our divorce rate will be the same as that of nonbelievers, up to 80 percent of our young people will leave the church when they go off to college, labourers to the nations will be few, Christian leaders will abscond with funds given for the Lord’s work, and we will expect God to serve us, desiring what he can give us, far more than desiring him.

The cross was for God’s Glory.

The primary reason for Jesus’ death? Just a few days before his crucifixion, Jesus reflected apprehensively with his disciples and the crowd about what would soon take place.

John 12:27.

Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour’? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. At this point Jesus stopped addressing his disciples and the crowd and spoke to his heavenly Father. Surely this is where Jesus would talk about the primary reason he was going to the cross.

Why do we assume we will hear the principal reason at this point? Because crucifixion is one of the worst deaths any human could endure. Jesus knew that death by crucifixion would be excruciating.

The cross was for God’s Glory.

While his entire body is suspended by nails in his hands, he will need to continue breathing. The only way to get air will be by bracing against the nail piercing his feet and lifting himself up.

Then his chest and lungs will no longer be pulled so tightly by gravity, so he will be able to take in and savour a single breath.

Then he will collapse again in pain to hang from the nails in his hands. When that air is used up, he will exhale and then again agonizingly push off the nail in his feet, inhale, and return to pain by hanging by his pierced hands.

This painful process will continue until he is so thoroughly exhausted he won’t have enough energy to draw another breath and will suffocate to death.

Yes, Jesus knew the amount of anguish he would face; and therefore he would focus on the primary reason why he was going to the cross, not on any of the secondary reasons.

What did he say?

The cross was for God’s Glory.

“Father, save these kind, wonderful, worthy people from hell. They don’t deserve it.” Wait. Is that right? No. That is not what Jesus said. Then why did we write it? Because sometimes it is important to highlight what the Scriptures do not say in order to feel the full impact of what they do say. Jesus didn’t mention us when considering the pain and agony of the cross. (Humbling, isn’t it?)

What did he say instead? “Father, glorify your name!” (John 12:28). Cat Christians think to themselves, What? Jesus didn’t talk about us? That doesn’t seem right! I thought he did it all for us. But that isn’t true. Jesus didn’t talk about us; he talked about glorifying his Father. Dog Christians are very comfortable with this. The true, driving passion that put Christ on the cross was to bring his Father glory.

The cross was for God’s Glory.

Yes, Christ died for us, and he died to bring glory to the Father. Never get them out of priority. One is subservient to the other. In dying for us, Christ was reaching his highest goal: bringing glory to his Father.

Philippians 2:5-11.

In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

The cross was for God’s Glory.

Christ came to satisfy the wrath of God and vindicate the holiness of God by giving himself as a perfect sacrifice. It was first and foremost about the holiness and glory of his Father. He was saying, “Father, I’m dying in order to show that you are a just God, a righteous God, a holy God, and that you will not put up with sin. It must be dealt with. May my death glorify your name.”

Animal sacrifices were mere symbols or shadows that pointed to things to come. Because the sacrifices were temporary, God’s holiness and glory were still tarnished.

Romans 3:25–26,

God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood, to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished, he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.

God’s Glory must be our motivation even when we suffer.

Proverbs 25:4

“Remove the dross from the silver, and a silversmith can produce a vessel.” When the defects in our lives are removed, we become a vessel God can use for his glory. God will do whatever it takes to make us more like his Son.

Being transformed “from one degree of glory to another”

This transformational process in our lives often requires suffering. We have seen how Jesus himself suffered. Look at what the writer of Hebrews tells us about the Lord:

Hebrews 2:10.

“In bringing many sons and daughters to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through what he suffered”

God’s Glory must be our motivation even when we suffer.

Matthew 5:11-16.

Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.

In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

God’s Glory must be our motivation even when we suffer.

Richard Wurmbrand used to be known as the voice of the underground church because of the suffering he endured in Romania for preaching the gospel.

He spent a total of fourteen years in prison, three of those years in solitary confinement. After Richard was released from prison, one day he took his confirmation class on a field trip.

Though it was a Sunday morning, the pastor didn’t take the children to a church;

he took them to the zoo. Standing before the cage of lions, he told the boys and girls how believers in years past had faced such wild animals because of their faith. He shared how they were killed by the powerful jaws of the lions simply because they loved Christ.

God’s Glory must be our motivation even when we suffer.

Why would Richard do this? He wanted these young people to be prepared to face great suffering. He knew firsthand that believers have to be prepared for persecution ahead of time.

Richard observed, “It is too difficult to prepare yourself for [suffering] when the Communists have put you in prison. . . .

Nobody resists who has not renounced the pleasures of life beforehand.” Establish this firmly in your mind now: Life is not about you having a safe, comfortable, happy life. Suffering is meant to be a part of your life, whether that suffering is emotional or physical, light or heavy. If God calls you to great suffering, embrace it—for the glory of God. Don’t run from it. You will miss out on something tremendous. What tremendous thing awaits those who suffer?

God’s Glory must be our motivation even when we suffer.

When you begin to focus on the other side of the cross, everything can change. Your focus is primarily on God’s glory, and that spotlight breathes a new dimension on suffering.

Open Doors International shares about a man named Mikhail Khorev, who wrote these words in prison: “Lord, if my bonds glorify you more than my freedom, why should I want freedom?”

In his book Let the Nations Be Glad! John Piper says, “Loss and suffering, joyfully accepted for the kingdom of God, show the supremacy of God’s worth more clearly in the world than all worship and prayer.” How can suffering show God’s worth more clearly than worship? Think about what would happen at a typical church in America on a hot, sweltering Sunday morning if the air conditioning stopped working. People would gripe and complain, and many would eventually leave. Why? They are willing to worship God in comfort, but when it comes to worshiping him in extreme conditions—well, quite honestly, he is not worth that much.

God’s Glory must be our motivation even when we suffer.

2 Corinthians 4:17–18:

For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison. The Greek word translated “preparing” is katergazomai, which literally means “to work fully” and by implication can mean “to perform, accomplish, achieve, work out, produce, etc.” In other words, the suffering is “preparing” or “working out” or “achieving” a glory for us beyond all comparison. There is a connection between suffering and the glory experienced in heaven. If we take Paul’s words in earnest, it seems that although we will all experience God’s glory, we will experience it in different degrees.

1 Corinthians 15:40-42. There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendour of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendour of the earthly bodies is another. The sun has one kind of splendour, the moon another and the stars another; and star differs from star in splendour. So will it be with the resurrection of the dead.

God’s Glory.

John Piper

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him.

Pursuing God and his glory first and foremost will bring us our greatest joy.

God’s “Chosen people” were to bring Him Glory.

God brought the Israelites back home from captivity.

Why? Because he loved them so much and because they were such precious, wonderful people? No.

Ezekiel 36:22–23. Therefore say to the Israelites, “This is what the Sovereign Lord says: It is not for your sake, people of Israel, that I am going to do these things, but for the sake of my holy name, which you have profaned among the nations where you have gone.

I will show the holiness of my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, the name you have profaned among them. Then the nations will know that I am the Lord, declares the Sovereign Lord, when I am proved holy through you before their eyes.”

When you look at how God has protected Israel since the second world war, do you think it is because they are righteous???

God’s “Chosen people” were to bring Him Glory.

Isaiah 43:6-7.

I will say to the north, Give them up! and to the south, Do not hold them back.

Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth, everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.

You can look at Israel today and see a great resourceful nation that has triumphed over the odds, or you can see the hand of God protecting His name and His Glory.....

The Temple that Solomon built was for God’s Glory.

1 Chronicles 29:10-14.

David praised the LORD in the presence of the whole assembly, saying,

“Praise be to you, LORD, the God of our father Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. Yours, LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendour, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all.

Wealth and honour come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all. Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name.

“But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generously as this? Everything comes from you, and we have given you only what comes from your hand.

The Temple that Solomon built was for God’s Glory.

1 Chronicles 29:15-19.

We are foreigners and strangers in your sight, as were all our ancestors. Our days on earth are like a shadow, without hope. LORD our God, all this abundance that we have provided for building you a temple for your Holy Name comes from your hand, and all of it belongs to you.

I know, my God, that you test the heart and are pleased with integrity. All these things I have given willingly and with honest intent. And now I have seen with joy how willingly your people who are here have given to you. LORD, the God of our fathers Abraham, Isaac and Israel, keep these desires and thoughts in the hearts of your people forever, and keep their hearts loyal to you.

And give my son Solomon the wholehearted devotion to keep your commands, statutes and decrees and to do everything to build the palatial structure for which I have provided.”

The Temple that Solomon built was for God’s Glory.

2 Chronicles 2:5-6.

Solomon sent this message to Hiram king of Tyre:

The temple I am going to build will be great, because our God is greater than all other gods.

But who is able to build a temple for him, since the heavens, even the highest heavens, cannot contain him?

Who then am I to build a temple for him, except as a place to burn sacrifices before him?

Do our sacrifices reflect God’s Glory?

Malachi 1:1-14.

A son honours his father, and a slave his master. If I am a father, where is the honour due me? If I am a master, where is the respect due me? says the LORD Almighty.

It is you priests who show contempt for my name. But you ask, How have we shown contempt for your name? By offering defiled food on my altar.

But you ask, How have we defiled you? By saying that the LORD’s table is contemptible. When you offer blind animals for sacrifice, is that not wrong? When you sacrifice lame or diseased animals, is that not wrong? Try offering them to your governor! Would he be pleased with you? Would he accept you? says the LORD Almighty.

Now plead with God to be gracious to us. With such offerings from your hands, will he accept you? says the LORD Almighty.

Do our sacrifices reflect God’s Glory?

Malachi 1:1-14. Oh, that one of you would shut the temple doors, so that you would not light useless fires on my altar! I am not pleased with you, says the LORD Almighty, and I will accept no offering from your hands.

My name will be great among the nations, from where the sun rises to where it sets. In every place incense and pure offerings will be brought to me, because my name will be great among the nations, says the LORD Almighty.

But you profane it by saying, The Lord’s table is defiled, and, Its food is contemptible. And you say, What a burden! and you sniff at it contemptuously, says the LORD Almighty.

When you bring injured, lame or diseased animals and offer them as sacrifices, should I accept them from your hands? says the LORD.Cursed is the cheat who has an acceptable male in his flock and vows to give it, but then sacrifices a blemished animal to the Lord. For I am a great king,” says the LORD Almighty, and my name is to be feared among the nations.

God’s Glory results in us pursuing Holiness.

1 Thessalonians 2:12.

So that you would walk in a manner worthy of the God who calls you into His own kingdom and glory.

2 Corinthians 3:18.

And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.

1 John 3:2-3 & 6.

Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure....

No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

God’s Glory results in us pursuing Holiness.

Isaiah 6:1-5. In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him were seraphim, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. And they were calling to one another:

“Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.”

At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.

“Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty.”

God’s Glory.

Isaiah 6:6-8.

Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. With it he touched my mouth and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.”

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

God’s Glory results in us pursuing Holiness.

The modern day gospel is inspired by Satan. Satan was the one who wanted to be like God, in his pride he wanted to be exalted.

The true Gospel has God and His glory at the centre, the false apostate gospel has man and his wants and desires at the centre.

The reason why there is so much sin in the Church and sin in the lives of Christians is because we have not seen Him, we have not seen His Glory. We have looked at His Word and instead of seeing our sin and how selfish and wicked we are, we seen a promise box of all we can get and how we can escape hell.

Evangelical Humanism.

It’s interesting how easily something that is good can rob us of that which is best. Take humanism, for example. In its proper definition, humanism is “any system or mode of thought or action in which human interests, values, and dignity predominate.”

Many young people in the church today are focused on obeying those commands of Jesus. They go out on their own and feed the homeless. They carry around signs in busy streets that offer “Free Hugs.” They go to prisons and work in orphanages. They travel to countries ravaged by tsunamis and give months of their lives to help the victims. They are helping people, and God is pleased. Can there come a point, however, where the needs of people become a higher priority in our lives than the glory of God? Yes. Why is this? In part because humanism has influenced not only our culture but the church as well. It has caused, within evangelical circles, something that DeVern Fromke, in his book Unto Full Stature, calls “evangelical humanism.”

Evangelical Humanism.

Evangelical humanism basically says, “The chief end of Christianity is to make people happy after they die.”

In other words, life is all about saving people from hell. Saving people becomes a higher priority than God himself.

When I was in college, I was privileged to be heavily involved in a campus ministry. It formed a great foundation for my Christian life, as I was taught the importance of quiet times, Bible study, prayer, fellowship, and evangelism. I was taught to share my faith, to overcome objections, and hopefully to ultimately lead someone to pray to receive Christ. What I realize now is that most of my Christian life centred on avoiding guilt. I had never found the treasure of just knowing Jesus. My treasure was getting others to know him, while never knowing and enjoying him myself. Saving lost people had become a higher priority than God.

The fact of the matter is that you don’t need to be a Christian to be a good humanist, many unbelievers are doing much for humankind.

Evangelical Humanism.

We need to die to humanity. Humankind, people, cannot be the centre of our attention. A focus on saving people from hell, which is so good, can bring tragic results when it becomes our treasure. We see pastors who are aggressively sharing their faith but whose marriages and families are falling apart. They lead the church, but their personal walk with the Lord is anaemic. Unfortunately, no one in the church can approach them about these issues because the pastors are successfully sharing Jesus with people. You never dare challenge an evangelical humanist. After all, they are doing so much good—saving so many people from hell. This tragedy can be observed in missionaries as well. Too often we have seen missionaries come home from the field and end up getting divorced. Why? Because they became so focused on planting churches that they forgot to show the glory of God in their own marriages and families. One missionary child stated, “I wish I’d been a Muslim. My father would have spent more time with me.”

Evangelical Humanism.

The reason we are to share our faith with others is to bring God glory.

2 Corinthians 4:15.

All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may to overflow to the glory of God. As we share our faith people come to know God. As they come to know God, they give thanks to him for his grace and mercy. As they give thanks, they are giving glory to God. It all goes back to God’s glory.

God’s Glory.

Exodus 40:34-35.

Then the cloud covered the tent of meeting, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle. Moses was not able to enter the tent of meeting because the cloud had settled on it, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle.

2 Chronicles 7:1-2.

Now when Solomon had finished praying, fire came down from heaven and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices, and the glory of the LORD filled the house. The priests could not enter into the house of the LORD because the glory of the LORD filled the LORD'S house.

Perhaps after looking at this topic this morning we can reconcile the Old Testament God with The New Testament God, they are one and the same..

Everything we do must be for God’s Glory.

2 Corinthians 10:31.

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

God’s glory must be the central theme of our life. • Creation: The display of God’s glory in three dimensions • Righteousness: A commitment to live out God’s glory, to uphold its value, and to see it spread to the ends of the earth • Sin: Any action or thought that challenges the worth of God’s glory • Angels: Beings who perfectly obey and reflect his glory

God’s glory must be the central theme of our life. • Creation: The display of God’s glory in three dimensions • Righteousness: A commitment to live out God’s glory, to uphold its value, and to see it spread to the ends of the earth • Sin: Any action or thought that challenges the worth of God’s glory • Angels: Beings who perfectly obey and reflect his glory

• Satan: An angelic being who chose to reject God’s glory and seek his own, and who therefore contrasts the glory of God

• Demons: Angelic beings who have chosen to reject God’s glory and follow Satan’s empty glory • The church: People through whom God wants to display his glory • Salvation: Falling in love with God’s glory • Jesus’ death: Jesus’ (and the Father’s) commitment to upholding the worth of his glory

• Suffering (for God): A magnification of the worth of the glory of the Father • Justification: God seeing his glory in our lives

• Sanctification: God’s glory being worked out in our lives

• Grace: God giving his glory to us when we don’t deserve it • Worship: Radiating back to God his glory • Prayer: Calling on God to reveal his glory • Faith: Trusting in the glory of God

• Crisis: An opportunity to show God more glory

• Lust/ Greed: Regarding someone or something to be more precious than God’s glory

• Pride: Directing God’s glory our way

• Hell: An everlasting punishment for desecrating and rejecting an infinite glory • Impatience: Not resting in God’s glorious timing

• Spiritual gifts: A special opportunity to reveal the glory of God through a unique ability God has chosen to give you

• School: An opportunity to grow in knowledge so you can learn how to better express God’s glory • Work: An opportunity to bring God glory through the gifts and talents he has given you • Marriage: A commitment to reflecting the glory of God to, with, and within one special person and to foreshadow the relationship between the church and Christ • Parenting: Reflecting the glory of God to the children in your care and training them in the ways of his glory

God’s Glory.

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Unless otherwise stated, Scripture quotations are taken from the NIV:

THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Scripture quotations taken from the NASB:

New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation Used by permission. (http://www.lockman.org)




IP:Country:City:Region:

> TRENDING

Johanna Pillinger
181 download(s)
Gavin Paynter
178 download(s)
Ken Paynter
147 download(s)
Gavin Paynter
117 download(s)
Gavin Paynter
97 download(s)
Ken Paynter
80 download(s)
Ken Paynter
72 download(s)
Gavin Paynter
64 download(s)
Gavin Paynter
61 download(s)
Gavin Paynter
61 download(s)
Gavin Paynter
60 download(s)
Ken Paynter
58 download(s)
Ken Paynter
57 download(s)
Ken Paynter
56 download(s)
Gavin Paynter
51 download(s)
Gavin Paynter
51 download(s)
Gavin Paynter
49 download(s)
Ken Paynter
49 download(s)
Gavin Paynter
48 download(s)
Ken Paynter
48 download(s)


> MOST POPULAR

Gavin Paynter
31458 download(s)
Gavin Paynter
27891 download(s)
Gavin Paynter
17841 download(s)
Gavin Paynter
15674 download(s)
Ken Paynter
11238 download(s)
Gavin Paynter
10640 download(s)
Gavin Paynter
10574 download(s)
Gavin Paynter
9342 download(s)
Gavin Paynter
9212 download(s)
Gavin Paynter
9107 download(s)
Gavin Paynter
9059 download(s)
Gavin Paynter
8692 download(s)
Gavin Paynter
8456 download(s)
Gavin Paynter
8454 download(s)
Ken Paynter
8401 download(s)
Gavin Paynter
8388 download(s)
Ken Paynter
8374 download(s)
Ken Paynter
8333 download(s)
Ken Paynter
7913 download(s)
Gavin Paynter
7811 download(s)


> SPEAKERS



> LANGUAGES
> TOPIC