Sermon No: 31010-The purpose of suffering - Part 2b
SERMON TOPIC: The purpose of suffering - Part 2b
Speaker: Gavin Paynter
Date: 17 December 2017
Topic Groups: SUFFERING, PERSECUTION, APOLOGETICS
We will now examine some more purposes of suffering.
1) Suffering crucifies the flesh and focuses us on the truly important things.
2) Suffering teaches us to rely on God, not on self.
3) In our weakness, we discover that God is strong.
4) Deepens our relationship with Jesus.
5) In suffering we learn to function as a body
6) It is often a means of achieving God’s greater purposes.
7) We learn obedience when suffering.