Sermon No: 14923-God's will and our desires - Part 3
SERMON TOPIC: God's will and our desires - Part 3
Speaker: Ken Paynter
Date: 12 March 2017
Topic Groups: GODS WILL, DESTINY
Sermon synopsis: A checklist to determine God’s will for us.
- Have I been obedient to the guidance God has already given me?
- Am I willing to give up my personal desires to do God’s will?
- What does God’s Word say about my present situation?
- Have I approached the question on hand with earnest, persistent and believing prayer?
- Have I received confirmation from my spiritual leaders?
- Am I about to act out of impulse or emotion?
- Do I tend to limit God’s guidance through my intellect?
- Do I expect God to always lead me in extraordinary ways?
- Can I recognise confirmation or denial by the circumstances?
- What does my God-given common sense say?
Have I chosen to wait for God’s timing?
How has God led other Christians in similar situations?
Does that which I believe to be God’s will for me violate Scripture?